Facilities Engineer - Cleveland, SIFCO Forge
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Facilities Engineer. Reporting to the Maintenance & Facilities Manager, the Facilities Engineering role is responsible for capital expenditure, environmental safety and facility infrastructure. Facilities Engineers are responsible for overseeing all preventive maintenance work on all mechanical or electrical systems of the facilities to make sure that all requirements are complied with and that impact on the business operations is minimized. The role is instrumental with plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES and other duties as assigned
• Assist Facilities Manager with environmental compliance monitoring and corrective actions, and are an active member of the emergency response team.
• Conduct energy management and tracking for cost savings, projected usage and designing/implementing strategy for reductions.
• Responsible for heat treat and production furnace monitoring, improvement projects, and maintenance initiatives.
• Research and develop planned enhancements for future mechanical and electrical equipment acquisitions and stay abreast with new technology and procedures. Assist all departments in executing plans and projects for improvements, as well as monitor building systems, correct defective and inefficient operations through remedial maintenance.
• Involved in the selection of third party resources in responding to normal day to day work orders and emergencies.
• Operate existing systems for fire detection and suppression, determine sources of troubles and correct them, and follow standard safety procedures in all work areas.
• Handle hazardous materials, electrical circuits, solvents, refrigerants, cleaning supplies and chemicals in a manner that protects all personnel as well as properties in and around the facility.
• Keep and maintain daily log reports, analyze equipment data, investigate deficiencies and recommend steps to help solve problems and issues, and identify resources throughout the facility.
• Conduct periodic audits of Safety, Environmental, Preventative Maintenance, and other systems to ensure compliance to internal and external requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA (engineering discipline preferred) or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years manufacturing experience
• Ability to motivate people, particularly a production workforce
• Strong interpersonal skills
• LEAN Manufacturing concept implementation experience preferred
• Exposure to and understanding of Theory of Constraints throughput and inventory management preferred
• Exposure to Six Sigma variability analysis techniques preferred
• Other or substitute qualifications as determined by the Operations Manager
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D. If you have questions about the position, contact Pat Tokarcik at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4857271