Cost Accountant - Cleveland, SIFCO Forge
SIFCO Forge, a Cleveland, OH supplier of performance-critical forgings and services to the Aerospace and Energy markets, has an opening for a Cost Accountant.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of standard costing on all components. This position will participate in the preparation of financial statements during month end close and the required analysis of these statements. The Cost Accountant will work with the Division Controller in annual plan preparation and all required reporting associated with the plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in addition to other duties as assigned)
Responsible for cost accounting and analyses
• Assist Division Controller with the establishment and maintenance of standard rates;
• Prepares all necessary month-end journal entries related to inventory and Cost of Sales;
• Quantifies and analyzes variances to determine root cause and to recommend related corrective action;
• Plans and coordinates annual physical inventory;
• Assist Division Controller prepare LIFO inventory valuation calculation; and
• Maintains fixed asset tracking and depreciation package;
• Prepares all tax and book depreciation calculations;
• Tracks construction in process and transfer completed assets;
• Reconciles subsidiary fixed asset system to general ledger quarterly
• Prepare analysis of fixed asset post completion
Reporting & Analysis
• Prepares responses to various industry association surveys;
• Prepares responses to various government surveys/questionnaires;
• Provides data for insurance policy renewal; and
• Assists with periodic financial and operational reporting to Division Controller, including key financial data and operational metrics.
• Assist Division Controller with preparation of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans; and
• AP back-up on as needed basis
• Champions/drives process improvement and automation initiatives; and
• All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance from accredited university;
• 5+ years of hands-on cost accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment;
• High proficiency skills in Excel, Word, and data extraction/manipulation;
• Sound judgment and keen business insight;
• Strong problem recognition and solving skills (demonstrates initiative in effecting positive change);
• Self-motivated, assertive, positive attitude;
• Responds timely to information requests; and
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D. https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1