Internal Auditor - Corporate, Cleveland
Position: Internal Auditor
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Nature and Scope
Responsible for the planning and execution of audits the results of which will help the business manage strategic risks, improve or develop efficient and effective business processes, identify and communicate best practices and foster appropriate control levels for business and financial risks.
Conducts audits of various company departments and locations to verify accuracy of records, compliance of operations with prescribed plans, policies and procedures, and accurate accountability for physical and financial assets. Checks and verifies reports against source documents and records, audits work procedures and methods of specified groups of employees, check cash, bank balances, etc. Prepares or assists in preparation of reports of audit findings, making recommendations for improvements and modifications in systems and procedures of areas audited.
Summary of Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Work with management to determine the direction and scope of audits and assist in the preparation of planning memorandums and audit programs.
- Develop audit work plans which coincide with the annual audit plan and execute the work plans through hands-on involvement.
- Conduct the opening and closing meetings with the various audit locations. Present recommendations for change that support the goals of the Company and represent sound financial accounting principles.
- Evaluate and documents process, system and control effectiveness through the application of accounting, auditing and business knowledge.
- Assess the overall significance of the control deficiencies identified during the audit. Provide perspective for evaluating the audit deficiencies against evolving industry best practices.
- Tracking audit open items and follow through to ensure issues are resolved timely or escalated as needed.
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly.
- Coordinate/complete special requests, projects and reports as directed by Audit and/or Executive Management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of audit findings and Company proprietary information.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Internal Audit’s stakeholders.
- Conduct work in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field - Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience, preferably including internal audit or public accounting experience. Auditing work experience is preferred; however, business/operations experience may be deemed adequate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational and analytical skills, and project management experience
- Managerial courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response and to do so in a timely manner with any\all stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Understanding of both current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization
- Proactive – demonstrated ability and desire to improve individual performance and advance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
- Ability to work in a highly complex environment under general direction as to assignment
- Ability to solve conflict between differing priorities of various process stakeholders by offering pragmatic solutions to management
- Ability to maintain the highest level of ethics, integrity and objectivity
- Ability to travel up to 20% as required
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional Company match.
SIFCO Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D. If you have questions about the position, contact Wendy Worthington at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=sifcoindu1&jobId=29646&lang=en_US&source=CC3