Human Resources Coordinator - SIFCO Forge, Cleveland
Human Resources Coordinator
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Human Resources Coordinator. The HR Coordinator is responsible for performing human resources duties in a union environment working closely with HR management to support operations, division and department goals and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, records management, training, onboarding, policy implementation, and recruitment / employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the new hire process including recruiting, pre-screening, onboarding and new employee integration.
Conduct recruitment efforts for exempt, nonexempt and co-op program positions; develop and coordinate job postings. Develop effective recruiting plans based on positions needed to be filled. Coordinate job bidding process for all union positions.
· Maintain all employee and HR related files confirming compliance with employment laws and regulations.
· Ensure all HR controls are adhered to and supporting documentation is generated.
· Process necessary HRIS and timekeeping system entries accurately.
· Review and enter exceptions to payroll and submits for weekly processing to ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely.
· Act as a back-up for payroll processing.
· Assist with driving employee communication.
· Coordinate employee recognition events and activities.
· Assist with arranging, presenting and tracking training and development of employees in a variety of areas – safety, compliance and skill development.
· Assist in developing, updating and / or implementing employee handbooks, policies and procedures.
· Address employee questions and concerns and maintain employee relations.
· Administer and ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and all HR policies and procedures.
· Recommend innovative approaches to improve HR policies, procedures and administration to make improvements in efficiency of the department and services provided to internal customers.
· All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree and/ or equivalent experience in related field
· 3+ years of administrative, HR related experience in a manufacturing environment, union environment preferred.
· Solid employment and labor law knowledge.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Sound judgment and keen business insight.
· Ability to effectively work with a diverse employment population including employees at various levels in the organization.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent problem recognition and solving skills (demonstrates initiative in effecting positive change).
· Solid facilitation skills.
· Self-motivated, assertive, positive attitude.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, consistently meet deadlines and provide flexibility in work assignments.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Experience with Kronos, ADP or similar timekeeping and HRIS/payroll system.
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match.
SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1