Quality Engineer - SIFCO Forge, Cleveland
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer is directly responsible for the daily activities related to non-conforming material investigation and control, calibration, and corrective / preventive action. Facilitates MRB activity including investigation and resolution; provides associated reporting. Supports New Product Introduction by ensuring First Article requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Develop and implement control processes and programs, ensuring critical to quality characteristics are defined and implemented in the manufacturing processes.
· Actively participate and support New Product Introduction.
· Develop quality plans and documentation requirements, including the use of statistically valid sampling methods, to evaluate product at every stage of the manufacturing process.
· Ensure appropriate documentation and records are in place for inspection and quality engineering activities.
· Develop inspection and testing methods and interpret industry and customer product evaluation requirements.
· Provide training and develop others to ensure quality requirements are understood and followed.
· Confer with management, customers and suppliers in planning, scheduling, coordinating and directing quality activities to ensure conformance to customer requirements and specifications.
· Support qualification requirements, including components of FAI / LAI, and PPAP (PFD, FMEA, Control Plans).
o Ensure First Article documentation is prepared and provided according to standard and customer requirements.
o Coordinate testing, layout, and inspection to facilitate and set priority.
o Define qualification requirements to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
· Assist in driving the internal and external quality audit process and ensure timely auditing and corrective action follow-up.
· Oversee the disposition of non-conforming material, ensuring root cause analysis (RCA) has been completed.
o Confirm appropriate disposition activities are carried out; verify electronic and physical inventory are in alignment for MRB product and finished goods.
o Supplier Corrective Action Requests are issued as a part of non-conforming material management.
o Support SMART program by defining and facilitating continuous improvement activities; apply Lean, Six Sigma and sound RCA tools.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Metallurgy or Materials Science or equivalent experience required
· 3 + years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. Aerospace industry experience and/ or exposure to forging or steel manufacturing preferred.
· Ability to function effectively in a team environment, effectively collaborate with other departments and work independently as well.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Strong computer skills (MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook) including ERP experience
· Solid analytical skills and the ability to define and brainstorm solutions to problems
· Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and priority shifts
· CMM experience
· Knowledge of statistical techniques, SPC, FAI, PPAP
· Experience in Lean Manufacturing / Visual Factory / Continuous Improvement Tools
· Project management and / or facilitation experience
· Familiarity with ISO 9000 and AS9100 quality standards
· Aerospace SAE 13001 / DPVR experience or training preferred
· Experience in a union environment is a plus
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match.
SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1