Lead Network Administrator, Corporate - Cleveland
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
• Ensure that systems are documented and kept current.
• Own and maintain the network infrastructure to ensure availability, meeting agreed SLAs of 99.99%.
• Manage and maintain network devices and address space on platforms
• Manage technical developments of operational importance and participation in developing or setting standards as directed.
• Work with partners to ensure that their networks are configured and maintained to support the levels of availability required.
• Provide day-to-day direction for less-experienced team members and oversee IT support services.
• Improve the standard of technical operations and competencies within the team.
• Participate in incident, problem and capacity management processes
• Act as the project manager for infrastructure related projects
• Monitor, configure and support server hardware and operating system
• Maintain user account information including permissions, group memberships and shares
• Maintain Internet facing proxy servers and firewalls
• Assist the developers with moving the approved programming from development to production environments
• Assist with periodic audits of the IT environment
• All other duties as assigned
• Education - Bachelor degree with a major in Information Technology or related field
• 5 years of work experience in complex systems design
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing priorities in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Office 365 experience in hybrid configurations
• Excellent customer service skills
• Some limited travel required.
• Able to comply with established IT governance, policies and procedures
· Prior lead or supervisory experience a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and managers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as simple algebra, percentages, averages, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands and fingers or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.