Accountant - QAF, Orange
The primary role of the Accountant is to apply consistent accounting principles and procedures to record and analyze financial information, maintain the integrity of the financial records, provide transparent and accurate financial information to Director of Accounting & Controller. Additional responsibilities include prepare accurate and timely financial reports, and ensure adherence to appropriate accounting control procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include: (But not limited to the following)
· Responsible for assisting with monthly and quarterly financial reports.
· Responsible for preparing and posting journal entries for month end close and reporting.
· Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
· Analyze financial statements, including comparison to budget, forecast, and trend analyses.
· Review approved capital projects to company guidelines for determining asset life and qualifying criteria for capitalization.
· Collaborate with Operations to perform quarterly Asset Impairment assessments.
· Input, review and reconcile data between Sage Fixed Assets software and G/L.
· Develop cash flow forecast for capital projects.
· Create FAS information output criteria for PWC tax reporting.
· Query variable and fixed expense accounts to assist with driving expense disciplines. Build familiarity with plant expense base. Ability to interface with departmental management regarding plant spending.
· Support development of annual plan and rolling expense forecasts, as required for assigned accounts.
· Contact customers, set up new customers in database, make credit recommendations, and interface with CSRs on new customer approval process and ongoing requirements for changes in credit limits and terms.
· Perform property tax filings and other tax and governmental census reporting, as required.
· Application and use of accounting and financial software.
· V lookup, Pivot tables, SUMIF statements, FAS system, and SAP is preferred.
· Able to successfully manage multiple projects and daily responsibilities, take ownership, and build relationships cross-departmentally to assist in driving continuous improvement.
· Demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping Initiates, pursues, develops, and influences others
· Accurately maintain, process, and prepare accounting information and records.
· Understand, analyze and interpret financial data and reports.
· Experience in financial statement preparation and reporting.
· Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Reacts well under pressure.
· Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Work in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
· A minimum of four - five years of professional experience in accounting and financial management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated integrity at the highest levels. Ability to display discretion with sensitive information and maintain high level of confidential information.
· Experience in financial analysis, cost analysis and financial statement preparation.
· Strong organizational and time management skills resulting in appropriate prioritization of workload to effectively respond to deadlines.
· Extreme attention to detail with data entry management and general math skills.
· Requires advanced PC skills including MS office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and highly skilled in Excel).
· Proven ability to effectively utilize accounting software. Experience working with SAGE Fixed Asset and SAP system would be a plus.
· Proven leadership ability with aptitude to analyze data and solve business problems in a fast-paced setting.
· Flexibility and ability to prioritize assignments and workload appropriately to respond to deadlines effectively.
Behavioral Core Competencies
· Leadership Skills – Must be able to lead and follow as required for positive internal business relationships.
· Developing People – Fosters continuous growth and learning of team members, provide support to peers on technical assignments by providing information.
· Business Awareness – Understand Company mission, products, services and key business challenges.
· Relationship Building – Collaborates effectively with customers and peers, seeks information and feedback from customer’s key decision makers, communicates effectively, uses language and terminology appropriate for the audience.
· Implementing – Focused on results, possess a bias for action, makes timely decisions, is adaptable and has an impact that adds business value to the organization.
· Quality – Actively seeks ways to continuously improve business and services.
The working environments described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will include working:
· Office area and Support office buildings.
· Indoors around different areas of the manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
· Continuously required to sit, use hands, handle, reach with hands and arms, and occasionally walk.
· The employee may on occasion lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, may on occasion lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship