Technical Co-Op, SIFCO Forge - Cleveland
SIFCO Forge, a Cleveland, OH supplier of performance-critical forgings and services to the Aerospace and Energy markets, has an opening for a Technical Co-op for spring (summer) 2018. This position is responsible for key projects leading to critical business goals in a heavy manufacturing environment.
COMMON DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design and execute projects in mechanical, chemical, electrical, industrial engineering, materials science, IT systems, or metallurgy to improve business key performance indicators.
· Develop simple cost justifications based on business data.
· Utilize standard continuous improvement tools to assist in documentation of projects.
· Research technical information from common sources and effectively summarize into business reports.
· Participate in and communicate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, sometimes leading them.
· Use industry accepted computer analysis tools to collect and process data.
· All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Must be enrolled in an accredited program, and have completed two years of study in preferably one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Computer Science or Information Systems
For fulltime employees, SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Pat Tokarcik at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1