Buyer - SIFCO FORGE, Cleveland
SIFCO Forge, a Cleveland, OH supplier of performance-critical forgings and services to the Aerospace and Energy markets, has an opening for a Buyer.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer handles the day to day responsibilities of the Purchasing Department that supports other Departments and Manufacturing.
The Buyer will be required to interact regularly with a diverse audience both internal and external to the Company and at a variety of levels and functional backgrounds. The Buyer’s duties are broad-based, requiring an ability to identify priorities, make adjustments and decisions where necessary, and perform the role in a positive, confident, autonomous manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and issues purchase orders, expedites deliveries for MRO items, outside work and contract services.
2. Maintain and update daily information for outside work pertaining to production.
3. Interaction all Departments to insure proper information for purchase of goods and services.
4. Manage supply of all office products, janitorial services and other contract services relating to plant and office operation.
5. Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
6. Writes and distributes bid invitations or requests for proposals; receives and analyzes bids, quotes, proposals, and awards the contract.
7. Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor.
8. Negotiate pricing on purchases of goods and services.
9. Manage vendor master file.
10. Participate in SMART (LEAN) events.
11. Conduct periodic cost reduction analyses.
12. Monitor and evaluate vendor performance. Assess supplier’s products to ensure they that they comply with specifications and meet the organization’s quality standards.
13. Monitor the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follow-up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with internal customers.
14. Work with Shipping/Receiving Department to coordinate deliveries.
15. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred from an accredited college/university or 2 years’ college plus 3+ years relevant experience.
· Skill in preparing and analyzing specifications and bids.
· Ability to prioritize and plan work independently.
· Must be detail orientated and able to provide accurate data and information.
· Able to deal effectively with deadlines and reprioritize work when necessary.
· Comfortable with technology and utilization of personal computers.
· Strong Excel skills mandatory. Comfortable with data extraction, generating custom reports, etc.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to interact effectively and positively with other employees, management, and external professionals.
· Strong problem recognition and problem solving skills are a must, as is self-motivation, assertiveness, and a positive attitude.
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional Company match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1