Benefits and HR Systems Specialist - Corporate
Job Title: Benefits and HR Systems Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: VP of Human Resources with a dotted line to the Cleveland Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: T. Zaripheh and W. Worthington
Posting Date: 10/4/2017
The Benefits and HR Systems Specialist is responsible for administering the company’s diverse benefit programs, including a full spectrum of health and welfare benefits and a 401k retirement plan. This position has primary responsibility for configuring and maintaining the ADP Workforce Now system. This includes providing process documentation and training to users, and providing monthly and quarterly reporting to management. This position also supports the Cleveland division by performing human resources duties in a union environment working closely with HR management to support operations, division and department goals and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Administers the company’s health and welfare benefit plans by processing enrollments, terminations and other changes. Determines appropriate system set-ups, interfaces and billing procedures to ensure benefits are administered accurately and in compliance with plan documents. Trains division HR staff on administration and billing procedures as needed. Performs periodic billing audits.
· Maintains relationships with company broker and with carrier representatives.
· Responsible for the annual Open Enrollment process, including utilizing self-service and carrier EDI connections whenever possible.
· Acts as the steward for all HR data and enforces data integrity and quality across all source systems and processes. Maintains security and system access for all users.
· Documents HR system procedures and trains users. Audits compliance with procedures. Serves as a resource for system users on non-standard transactions.
· Develops and maintains a thorough, end to end understanding of all HR processes. Participates in the selection of and implements systems that support these HR processes (e.g., applicant tracking, learning management system).
· Provides information and reporting as requested to support management. Provides regular reporting on HR metrics.
· Owns HIPAA, COBRA PPACA, and FMLA compliance for the company. Partners with HR staff to support other compliance activities, such as affirmative action.
· Owns the annual 401(k) Plan compliance process (census, reconciliation of payroll and contribution files, transaction auditing, 5500 reporting).
· Partners with HR staff in all locations to ensure effective application of and compliance with HR policies and practices, and to support overall HR process improvement.
General HR Support
· Maintains all employee and HR related files ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations.
· Ensure all HR controls are adhered to and supporting documentation is generated.
· Process necessary HRIS and timekeeping system entries accurately.
· Review and enter exceptions to payroll and submits for weekly processing to ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely.
· Act as a back-up for payroll processing.
· Coordinate employee recognition events and activities.
· Assist with arranging, presenting and tracking training and development of employees in a variety of areas – safety, compliance and skill development.
· Address employee questions and concerns and maintain employee relations.
· Administers benefits and pay transactions in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and all HR policies and procedures.
· Recommend innovative approaches to improve HR policies, procedures and administration to make improvements in efficiency of the department and services provided to internal customers.
· All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 3+ years of administrative, HR related experience in a manufacturing environment, union environment preferred.
· Strong knowledge of all health and welfare benefits and 401k plan administration.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Sound judgment.
· Ability to effectively work with a diverse employment population including employees at various levels in the organization.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent problem recognition and solving skills (demonstrates initiative in effecting positive change).
· Self-motivated, assertive, positive attitude.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, consistently meet deadlines and provide flexibility in work assignments.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Experience with Kronos, ADP or similar timekeeping and HRIS system.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such simple algebra, percentages, etc. Familiarity with payroll terminology and payroll practices.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
SIFCO Industries, Inc. has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional Company match. SIFCO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Wendy Worthington at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=sifcoindu1&jobId=33763&lang=en_US&source=CC3