Sr. Human Resources Generalist - SIFCO FORGE, Cleveland
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Sr. Human Resources Generalist. The Sr. Human Resources Generalist is a trusted HR partner for managers and employees. Incumbent must be hands-on to support the delivery of HR programs, services and activities. Under the general direction of the Director Human Resources, the candidate will assist in the design and delivery of Human Resource objectives. This position requires flexibility to support multiple HR initiatives with a high degree of discretion, communication, energy level, technical precision, and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and administer best in class human resource programs and processes for the entire organization that include:
- Benefit programs
- Recruiting and selection
- Training and development efforts
- Reward and recognition programs
- Employee relations and communications
- Actively participate in labor relations including assisting in the administration of two collective bargaining agreements, documenting steps within the grievance process and contract negotiation preparation.
- Serve as the Company’s EEO / Affirmative Action Officer
- Participate in driving a “safety first” culture including effectively training employees on various safety topics
- Support compensation initiatives including performing job analyses, gathering wage information and ensuring FLSA compliance
- Provide communication and drive resolution of issues related to employee concerns on payroll, benefits and other employee programs.
- Develop, interpret, explain and monitor the administration of policies and procedures
- Conduct and assist in investigation and resolution of employee issues.
- Actively participate in teams/committees
- Assist in managing employee involvement programs such as service awards, health & wellness and employee & family assistance
- Recommends innovative approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Research grant or funding for various initiatives
- Partner to drive communication and employee engagement to become known as an employer of choice
- Provide training and document recertification on code of ethics and other HR policies
- All other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
· 5+ years of HR related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment; union environment will be viewed favorably
· Self-motivated, assertive, positive attitude
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Effective written, oral and presentation skills communication skills
· Experience with Kronos, ADP or similar timekeeping and HRIS system
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and drive results
· Must be flexible with assignments and hours
· Sound judgment and keen business insight
· Critical thinking including problem recognition and solving skills (demonstrates initiative in effecting positive change)
· Responds timely to information requests
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match.
SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1