Die Machinists - (2) positions - SIFCO FORGE, Cleveland
Die Machinist – (2) Positions
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Die Machinist. The Die Machinist will be trained to be able to perform a combination of duties that includes die sinking (trimmer and impression), die repair, die control, horizontal mill operations and CNC operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculates dimensions, plans machining, layout and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machines, drill press and grinder.
- Design and repair dies to specifications and verifies conformance of machine parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Ensure quality and verify conformance of finished work to specification/
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Performs minor maintenance, area housekeeping and material handling duties.
- Keep record of documentation / update system as needed for each task
- Effectively maintain die shop materials and tools
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or equivalent in from a two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of one year of related experience in a machine or die shop and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1