Production Supervisor - Cleveland oh
SIFCO Industries, Inc., a premier publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH, seeks a qualified Production Supervisor. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor role is responsible for managing the hourly workforce in executing the plant’s expectations for safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost within the assigned department(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and directs production, establish production priorities to assure low cost, maximize efficiency/productivity, and meet/exceed quality standards.
- Evaluates processes for productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Works with scheduling department to meet or exceed production on time demands.
- Manages daily operations consisting of scheduling associates and production.
- Maintains the highest level of safety standards reporting any unsafe conditions or responding to unsafe acts.
- Ensures all products are processed according to SIFCO’s quality systems requirements in addition to customer specifications.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing Manager and/or Maintenance Manager any need for equipment repair of housekeeping issues and leads 6S events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Manages adherence to TOC throughput targets within the department(s).
- Drives TOC constraint management methodologies within the department(s).
- Manages milestone inventory levels to maintain steady flow within the department(s).
- Approaches problem solving aggressively.
- Applies the CBA daily.
- Responsible for corrective action implementation for operational non-conformances.
- Initiates and drives continuous improvement efforts through SMART program using LEAN, TOC, Six Sigma and Reliability-Centered Maintenance methodologies within the department(s).
- Continuous improvement plan to be focused upon: safety, quality, variable cost, equipment utilization, labor productivity, material cost and energy usage within the department(s).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws within the assigned department(s). Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Technical or Associates degree highly preferred
- 5+ years related experience in heavy metals production or heavy industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Drafting and blueprint reading required
- Engineering or Die Design background, Forging, Grind, NDT, Chemical Processing and Heat Treat a plus
SIFCO Forge has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match. SIFCO Forge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Tania Zaripheh at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.sifcoindu1