Press Helper - Orange CA
Assists the press operator in manufacturing parts. Responsible for lifting and moving parts in and out of ovens and press area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include: (But not limited to the following)
- Checks press to ensure good working condition and ensures correct set-up of dies.
- Keeps press area clean.
- Keeps tools and burners in their proper place.
- Reads Work Order specifications and forge instructions before each run.
- Makes sure furnace, parts and die temperature are to Work Order specifications.
- Notifies press operator of any problems with press, furnace, tools, Work Order, etc.
- Responsible for following press schedule, set-up and finding and loading parts in furnace.
- Ability to put stock or part on press die for operator to spray (lubricate).
- Support and ensure compliance to ISO 9002/AS9100
- Support and maintain Quality Policy. Maintain 5 “S” standard
- Must work with hot inspectors and press operator to ensure good part quality
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Must possess basic reading skills, for reading Work Order specifications.
- Must possess ability to count.
- Must possess basic writing skills to complete Work Order and for S.P.C. chart recording.
- Ability to input basic information in system. (Clock in, out, and F-2)
- Ability to obtain forklift certification.
Experience and Education
- High School Education preferred but not required
- Ability to read and write in English preferred
Behavioral Core Competencies
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor towards others
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre – determined result
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work – related problems
- Honesty/Integrity – ability to be truthful and be viewed as credible in the work place
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Communication – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to our company’s values and standards
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
The working environments described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will include working:
- Exposure to variable weather conditions
- Exposure to dirt or grease overtime
- Exposure to chemical hazards and moisture throughout the day
- Exposure to heat and open flame
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, lift and reach for parts.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, clean, and push wire basket cart to work station.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work in hot environment.
We believe a workforce with diverse backgrounds and skills helps us realize our full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take affirmative action to ensure that minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are introduced into our workforce and given opportunities to grow.
Applicants must be “U.S. Persons” as identified by ITAR (Permanent Residents or U.S. Citizens).
QAF has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional company match..
If you have questions about the position, contact Rocio Oyoque at Rocio.firstname.lastname@example.org. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: