SIFCO Industries, Inc. (“SIFCO”) Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2018 Financial Results
Cleveland - SIFCO Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: SIF) today announced financial results for its third quarter of fiscal 2018, which ended June 30, 2018.
Third Quarter 2018 Highlights
- Backlog as of June 30, 2018 was $94.4 million. Our delivery requirements for the balance of the fiscal year total $39.7 million.
- Results for the Third Quarter
- Net sales in the third quarter of fiscal 2018 decreased 4.9% to $28.7 million, compared with $30.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
- Net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2018 was $1.5 million, or ($0.28) per diluted share, compared with a loss of $6.2 million or ($1.13) per diluted share, in the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
- EBITDA was $0.8 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2018 compared with a loss of $2.6 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2017, showing continued sequential quarter-over-quarter improvement in pre-tax results after one-time non-GAAP measures are considered. See "Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures" section and "Supplemental Data" section within release for important information regarding EBITDA, Adjusted EBITDA and other adjustments presented in this release.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the third quarter of fiscal 2018 was $1.7 million compared with Adjusted EBITDA of $2.0 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
- Results for the Year to Date
- Net sales in the first nine months of fiscal 2018 decreased 13.1% to $80.7 million, compared with $92.9 million in fiscal 2017.
- Net loss for the first nine months of fiscal 2018 was $4.5 million, or ($0.81) per diluted share, compared with net loss of $10.5 million, or ($1.91) per diluted share, in the first nine months of fiscal 2017.
- EBITDA was $2.8 million in the first nine months of fiscal 2018 compared with a loss of $0.5 million in the first nine months of fiscal 2017.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the first nine months of fiscal 2018 was $2.1 million with Adjusted EBITDA of $6.4 million in the first nine months of fiscal 2017.
CEO Peter W. Knapper stated, "We continue to show progress in our business fundamentals and are very pleased to announce a new credit agreement with J.P. Morgan Chase. This agreement embodies advantageous terms and reduced costs for SIFCO and we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship with our new lender. I want to commend Tom Kubera for leading this project and congratulate him on his recently announced appointment to Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
Our backlog remains very strong overall, even with a continuing very soft market in Energy. Our borrowings went up slightly in the quarter as we have added inventory to support the growing requirements we currently have in backlog. Our focus remains on serving our customers, providing a safe work environment for all of our associates, and creating stakeholder value."
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
The Company uses certain non-GAAP measures in this release. EBITDA, Adjusted EBITDA and the presentation of measures adjusted for certain items that we do not consider part of ongoing operations are non-GAAP financial measures and are intended to serve as supplements to results provided in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States. Items excluded in the presentation of the non-GAAP financials are discussed in the "Supplemental Data" of this filing. SIFCO Industries, Inc. believes that such information provides an additional measurement and consistent historical comparison of the Company’s performance. A reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures is available under "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in this news release.
Certain statements contained in this press release are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, such as statements relating to financial results and plans for future business development activities (including backlog), and are thus prospective. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic conditions, competition and other uncertainties detailed from time to time in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
The Company's Form 10-K for the year ended September 30, 2017 can be accessed through its website: www.sifco.com, or on the Securities and Exchange Commission's website: www.sec.gov.
SIFCO Industries, Inc. is engaged in the production of forgings and machined components primarily for the aerospace and energy markets. The processes and services include forging, heat-treating, coating, and machining.